Why You Should Visit Your Physical Therapist Before Your Next Summer Run

• Why You Should Visit Your Physical Therapist Before Your Next Summer Run

Bookmark and Share

Jul 24

Ali Schoos

Why You Should Visit Your Physical Therapist Before Your Next Summer Run

Posted by Ali Schoos

Summer is here and that means everyone from the elite runner to the weekend hiker will be out and about trying to shake off the winter blues. As you increase your activity level, you may find that you aren’t as physically capable as you once were, or maybe you have been ignoring a nagging pain for far too long or perhaps there’s a longer race distance looming on the horizon. Whatever the reason, just as a regular oil change promises to keep your car running at its peak performance, an evaluation by a physical therapist may be just what you need to rev up your own engine and get back on the road safely. A recent health segment that aired on The Today Show, featuring sports medicine physician Dr. Jordan Metzl and a team of physical therapists from the Hospital for Special Surgery, shared tips for staying healthy as we enjoy a number of summer activities from bike riding and running to kayaking and swimming. Under the supervision of a physical therapist, you can learn exercises that will strengthen muscles and prevent injuries and will be given tools to ease pain and recover faster. Physical therapists are trained to take care of the entire kinetic chain, that is, all of your muscles from head to toe. When you take your car in for an oil change, the mechanic changes the oil, replaces the oil filter and inspects your tires, air conditioning, battery and more. You’ll likely head home with a list of future needs such as rotating the tires or changing the air filter and your car will be good to go for the next 3,000 to 5,000 miles. Similarly, a physical therapist is trained to evaluate your strength, body mechanics, posture and mobility, and to set reasonable goals for your recovery or fitness aspirations. By gathering a thorough assessment of your strengths and limitations, the physical therapist will devise a therapy plan that includes a home exercise and maintenance component. In many parts of the United States, summer is a fleeting season and there’s only so much time to get outside and participate in the activities we enjoy most. So, what are you waiting for? Making an appointment with a physical therapist might be the difference between puttering through life and riding at high performance.

17 comments

shoppers drug mart

BY: shoppersdrugmartdrugmart on Aug 18, 2017 at 1:12pm

shoppers drug mart

BY: shoppersdrugmart on Aug 18, 2017 at 1:14pm

this is hte new comen shoppers drug mart

BY: shoppersdsspd on Aug 18, 2017 at 1:15pm

link building service

BY: jkkkk on Nov 20, 2017 at 6:26am

Well i dont know about you but my therapist is amazing i fund him from buyessayonline review so yea, i trust him with almost anything !!

BY: jkkkk on Nov 23, 2017 at 1:58am

I think as you increment your action level, you may find that you aren't as physically skilled as you used to be, or possibly you have been overlooking Essay Help UK a pestering torment for a really long time or maybe there's a more extended race remove approaching upcoming

BY: abbiealaric on Dec 6, 2017 at 6:03am

I would prefer to visit my physical therapist regularly at least once in a month which gives me extra confidence that dissertation writing how much I'm fit and how much capacity and stamina I've to participate in the next summer run...

BY: alfiesmith on Dec 7, 2017 at 12:08am

Widgets are not working on this website but I think that they should work on it. It can be problematic for drone with camera for sale and it can be very good. I think that people should check for the widgets before doing anything.

BY: nikijames on Dec 17, 2017 at 11:29pm

I understood that a physical specialist has quite a lot more to offer past simply treating the damage that has sidelined your running. Truth be told, an excursion to the physical specialist when you're not harmed might be significantly more gainful in light of the fact that it can help forestall running related wounds and make you more stronger. pay someone to do your assignment

BY: danielsmith on Dec 20, 2017 at 6:35am

mobile home sales agents http://www.scrbooks.com/

BY: may-raobsdrien on Dec 21, 2017 at 3:42am

Marvelous web journal. I appreciated perusing your articles. This is really an incredible read for me. I have bookmarked it and I am anticipating perusing new articles. Keep doing awesome! matka chart

BY: nikijames on Dec 24, 2017 at 3:04am

Thanks for the blog filled with so many information. Stopping by your blog helped me to get what I was looking for. Now my task has become as easy as. new york public relations

BY: nikijames on Dec 28, 2017 at 2:37am

I like that you provided some reasons why you need to visit a physical therapist before your next summer run such as for him to be able to evaluate your overall physical condition. If you've had an injury before, it's recommended that you consult a therapist in order for him to provide you with expert advice and possibly create a therapy plan to prevent you from getting injured again. This would surely help in keeping you fit and injury-free. I would make sure to take this into account and seriously consider getting a physical therapist if I ever get an injury. Thanks. https://integratedproviders.com/integratedproviders/PhysicalTherapy.aspx

BY: bobbysaint on Jan 17, 2018 at 3:55pm

For the same reason I have been going for the routine checkup because it is good to be careful about your health. While doing this I have been able to take better care of my health. Lipozene

BY: alana-champion on Jan 19, 2018 at 11:25pm

I wanted to thank you for this great read!! I definitely enjoying every little bit of it I have you bookmarked to check out new stuff you post. Fakaza

BY: nikijames on Jan 29, 2018 at 8:58am

I am the one which is really careful about the health that should be in the good condition all the time. It is all about the routine which you have write my essay paper to make for the better and healthy life.

BY: poppy-jaques on Feb 1, 2018 at 4:52am

Hey, Loved it. Thanks For sharing this post with us. Fix Your Technical Problem With us. We are a team of the tech geeks. problem with Router, antiviruses, Windows, printer etc. Visit

BY: janniferstone on Feb 10, 2018 at 2:31am